Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Impression Obsession - CHA Sneak Peeks Continue!

This entire week the IO Design Team is showing off all sorts of fantastic new images coming your way! Check out who the show offs are for today and how you can win some $$ to get some new rubber in your hands! All the details are on the Impression Obsession Blog! Want to see even more? You can check out the entire new Fall and Winter Impression Obsession catalog ---> CLICK HERE!
 Of course this little black image called out to me right away. Love the silhouetted kitty with the scene in the background. A simple card layout and simple color scheme made for a quick card. I used just one layer of printed paper and pulled the colors from that to keep the same tone through the image.
 Very simple coloring here... a few Copics to add some soft color. 
A simple black bow and three little brads were all the embellishments that I added. 

  • Stamps: All stamps by Impression Obsession - H1852 Cat with Gourd (not yet available on line), B3578 You are in my thoughts 
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, DP by Anna Griffin, Black
  • Other: Copics, Bow Easy Tool, Brads, Black Ribbon by May Arts

30 comments:

  1. I love the image. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT IS SO CUTE AND DETAILED. LOVE THE CAT CHECKING OUT THE BIRDHOUSE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIPPEE! more cats. You are such a inspiration with your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is amazing Jenny. You have captured the cat perfectly and colored so so well. I am in awe. You inspired me so much. TY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this card!! so natural and beautiful and I can't believe you only used 3 colors on the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring is fabulous!! Great new image. It would make a great Halloween card too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the gourd and the cat-neat image and card. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful shading...you're the Copic Queen!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, such a wonderful stamp...love the way it is up close and far away in one stamp! Great job showing it all off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! "Black and white" coloring is something I need to try more often!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Love the way you colored it so that it blends with the paper! Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, another amazing image with really cool options. I love what you did with your coloring... and now I need a new Copic-- Lionel Gold.

    Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great coloring that really captures the essence of the design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! I am SO impressed with your coloring - - 3 colors and a shader - WOW!! Love the black & gold. Thanks for sharing and reminding me that less is more elegant most every time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful. Your choice of colours is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is colored so well. It's amazing how different it looks until you mat it and put it on top of some patterned paper. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a neat stamp image! I bet a lot of people can relate to the gourde birdhouse though, my mom made me one. :) Funny he drew a whole cat this time with a hook tail too. I love that you used sepia and grey tones. Really great. Thank you for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love your sepia tones on this card. Perfect.
    alsmouse ~C8>

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card! I'm partial to cats and birdhouses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. No matter how easy you say the card was to make, I can never make them look as good as you do! This is another stunner! I wonder why you choose this image? lol The black accents and matting really accent the image perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wowzers! I love this image and your Fabulous coloring! thanks for sharing the Copics you used.. Such a Fabulous card!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a great image and it is made for a fast card. I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable - is kitty waiting to catch some lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I didn't notice this one in the new catalog......love your "natural" coloring. Beautifully done! I'm noticing it now!

    ReplyDelete
  26. your coloring on this card is amazing! This is just a fabulous piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful, wonderful!! Love these colors and the silhouette 'makes' the card!

    ReplyDelete