Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Daffodils

It's challenge time from the Serendipity Design Team today... and it's all using about BIG and SMALL coordinating images. Check out what the rest of the team came up with for the paired designs:  MiriamAmy,  AnyaKathie and Lynda.
So many of the floral images from Serendipity Stamps are so beautiful and I find myself always doing simpler cards with them... hopefully allowing the image to be the main focus without cluttering up the card. I created a simple background embossing criss cross lines in a diamond pattern using my Scor-Pal. 
 You can see the two images here. I stamped them in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, coloring with Copics. I used Oval Nesties to trace the inside of the die framing the flowers. I then hand cut the ovals out, carefully trimming around the flower edges. 
 Here is a close up --- images like this just beg to be colored! I used Spellbinder's Labels 18 to create the green layer and then I hand cut a second yellow layer around that.
I know you were starting to wonder where the smaller image was.... I used it on the inside of the card! It would also be great on the envelope to create a matching set.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful-inside and out. Great coloring on your daffs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! This image looks fantastic framed with the Labels 18! Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The daffodils stamp is almost as pretty as the hydrangea stamp!! Really, the is lovely. I find I make simpler cards with their stamps too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, daffodils are one of my favorites! I love your coloring and the design too Jenny. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely...the out of the box tech really shows off these pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Jenny, this is just so pretty! I love the colors and again, the use of your die cuts is just fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete