Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Thank you with Zinnias!

One of the latest releases from Flourishes was this beautiful Zinnias Floral Set. As most of Flourishes sets go, I can't want to color them and this was no exception. 
 One of the great things about Zinnias is that they can pretty much be any color! Being a non-gardener, I am often googling flowers to make sure that I am coloring something somewhat realistically.... so I can avoid any comments from my gardening friends about how WRONG I got it, lol! But no worries with the Zinnias.
 I cut a square and stamped the Zinnia bundle twice. You can see the colors that I used to bring the flowers to life.
Here's a close up of the card. Pretty simple lay out adding a few Spellbinder's dies in the mix and some ribbon and pearls... what card is complete with out them? 

10 comments:

  1. Wow those are so beautiful! Fantastic coloring. If I had zinnias that beautiful in my yard I'd win a blue ribbon at the fair for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mum, used to plant Zinnias every year, mainly to get the monarch butterflies to come, as they love them, and by looking at this beautiful card and amazing colours, I can see why they came. Gorgeous card.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastically beautiful. You certainly do make stunning cards. Your coloring abilities aren't too shabby either. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, red and yellow go well together.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you colored the flowers from dark to light! Stunning. Great layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Jenny! The colors of these are so beautiful! And, I absolutely love the ribbon treatment. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such rich & summery goodness, Jenny! I used to plant zinnias for my Mom on the front borders of our house long ago ... the colors are so bold and enticing, (and they can even take the OK/TX heat waves too!).

    Beautiful!
    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing coloring of the Zinnias. I say you got them spot on! :)

    ReplyDelete