Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Peas in a Pod

 Loved these peas from Flourishes last release "Garden Fresh". I paired it up with the green checker paper from Kaisercraft's Nan's Favorites 6x6 paper pad. I used a Checkerboard CB folder to emboss the green paper along the bottom. The little banner was cut out using Spellbinder's Nested Pennants. I bent the banner and used dimensional silicone to pop it up.
 I used Spellbinder's Labels Two to cut out the peas image. I used G24 to airbrush the edges on both elements before I removed them from the nesties. I also outlined the inside edge of the nestie with a black Micron pen.
I added the jute string, just wrapping it around the panel before adhering it to the card. A little button and bow to finish it off. I aded a row of paper piecing along the ivory top of the card. Finished card is an A2.

  • Stamps: "Garden Fresh" by Flourishes
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: DP by Kaisercraft - Nan's Favorite 6x6 pad, Neenah Classic Crest Natural White, Kraft, Green
  • Other: CB Embossing Folder, Jute String, Bow Easy Tool, Black Micron Pen, Copic/ABS, Spellbinder's Labels TwoSpellbinder's Nested Pennants, Dimensional Silicone

13 comments:

  1. Cute idea with the string. Had never seen that stamp before. Any gardener would love it too. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Love all the green and your wonderful twine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE CUTE STAMP
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, just those stamps in and will have to get busy and play

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fab!!! Love the twine detail!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Now I'm on the hunt for that embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I like the basket weave texture on the bottom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you colored this so delicately! Darling image and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this - it would make a good anniversary card that I could give to my husband. It's not all ruffles and sweet. You know what i mean. Anyway I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this - it would make a good anniversary card that I could give to my husband. It's not all ruffles and sweet. You know what i mean. Anyway I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this - it would make a good anniversary card that I could give to my husband. It's not all ruffles and sweet. You know what i mean. Anyway I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty and how fun your sentiment is for it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The 2 checkerboard backgrounds are so perfect with the peas. So cute!

    ReplyDelete