Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Outlines -D.A.D.

Monday brings another challenge from the Outlines Design Team. This week Jeanne came up with our color combo.... Brown, Aqua and White... any theme goes just use those colors to create with! 
You can hop over to the Outlines Blog and find out how you can play along with the challenge for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate!
I thought these colors would work perfectly for a Fathers Day card. I was able to keep the bling to a very modest three crystals for Dad, but had to add a bow! This was a really easy card to make. Along the bottom edge I used an EK Success border punch to add a little extra with out being too girly!
You can see I stamped the image twice, coloring with Copics... of course. After coloring the second set of "DAD" letters I cut them out and used them to pop over the original stampings adding a little dimension.
I used Glossy Accents to add a glossy coat over the hat and also the aqua dots on the "D". Blue Zircon Swarovski Crystals were a perfect color match to my aqua card stock, and I added three along the bottom of the swirl. I used Size 5, 7 and 9... one of each! A little bow wraps around and adds the finishing touch. Final card size is an A2.

13 comments:

  1. Love it Jenny... Great choice of colors. What dad would not feel special getting that card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Father's Day card. Love the color combination, and that wonderful border punch. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Love your fun and funky card Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Dad card! The colors are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were right on about the colors working well for a Dad card! Love the added dimension too!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and they are great for a dad clard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My...do I ever love this card! A Perfect Dad card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors on the Dad card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Great card. I love the colors, and it is a perfect Father's day Card. You're right - just the right amount of bling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card, Jenny. Love your coloring and the popped letters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Dad card and you've colored it beautifully. Love the hat especially. That's exactly the kind of hat my Dad used in the story I told on Saturday. Imagine it with a ping pong net affixed to the brim....priceless...

    ReplyDelete