Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Outlines - Bleach it or Not....

It's Monday... time for another challenge from the Outlines Design Team. There is a series of stamps from Outlines that were created with the bleaching technique in mind -- "Bleach it or Not". The challenge this week was to use one of those stamps and to bleach it or not. You can play along with us and have a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate. Find all the challenge rules on the Outlines Blog
Check out what everyone else came up with this week:  Bev GerardJeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy Hulsart and Vicki Garrett.
This was one of the very first Outlines stamps I ever bought. I loved the detail and shading and easy layering possibilities... still do! This image offers a lot of options. I kept it super simple this week, stamping the image in Versafine Black three times on white card stock. No bleaching this time. 
I cut the squares out of the second image and popped those up using foam tape. From the third stamped image, I cut out the flowers and added those on the top. I curled them gently before gluing them down. I used a Viva Black Pearl Pen to add a pearl center, while the pearl was still wet, I pushed a Clear Crystal in to the center. 

10 comments:

  1. WOW A lot of work but well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, aren't you just clever, how cool to add a crystal to the pearl pen! Very striking card, Jenny and great dimension from the popped flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is so stunning and elegant! I really love the look of the crystal embedded into the black liquid pearl. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely STUNNING!!! I just love all the layers Jenny.S

    So nice working with you on the DT this last few months. You are a sweetheart and I sure hope we can "team up" again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out very cool! Love how the flowers pop and the crystal in the pearl pen plop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very lovely, Jenny! I love layering and yours is wonderful! How totally creative with the Viva pearl and the rhinestone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning B&W inspiration right here! OMWord!

    I've been super blessed to work alongside you for the past 6 months, Jenny! You never fail to inspire and open my eyes with your lovely work! I'll miss you!
    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous job on this card. I love the black & white with the crystals and all the layers - very nice and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the best ever! You can't go wrong with black and white - it always stands out and looks like a million $$! This is a timeless piece that will endure - so very perfect!

    ReplyDelete