Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

IO- For Dad

The Impression Obsession Challenge today was to make a masculine card. Play along and make a manly card for a chance to win a $25 Git Certificate to shop the IO Store! Check out all the challenge details and find links to what the team came up with this week... all on the Impression Obsession Blog!
 When it comes to man cards.... I just keep it simple. This card is exactly that... simple and easy! I stamped the Fleur de Lys Cover-a-Card background in green ink and then colored the open Fleur de Lys spots with a brown Copic Marker. A simple sentiment cut out with Spellbinder's Curved Rectangles. 
I did add the Copper card stock to give it a little sparkle factor. I had some brads in my stash that were almost the exact same copper color as the paper. I just added an embellished strip down the side of the card. Super clean and simple! Finished card size is an A2.

  • Stamps: All stamps by Impression Obsession: Fleur de Lys #CC075 , Clear Masculine Set #CL92 
  • Ink: Versafine Olympia Green
  • Paper: Metallic Copper card stock, Neenah Classic Crest White, Hunter Green
  • Other: Spellbinder's Curved Rectangles, Copper Brads, Copics

10 comments:

  1. How regal!!! This is just perfect for dad! Love how you added the color with markers just to tie it all together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a Very Classy Card for Dad's Day! Just Wonderful!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenny...wow, this is a great dad card. Stunning, yet easy. That is what I love the most. A few brads and some coloring plus that "glitter" paper bring it all together so well. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply fabulous! Love the brads down the strip ~ manly bling! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card. I love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great guy card-love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the touch of copper. Really shows in the closeup. I'll be making simple Dad cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I like that you stamped the background in green and then colored it, very nice. The brads are also a nice touch. Thank you for sharing.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Manly! (oh my did that sound like that Irish soap commercial LOL!?) Love the copper brads...a perfect touch. Been working 24/7 this week, but my weekend in free so you will hear from me soon!

    ReplyDelete