Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

IO Challenge - Summer Greetings

This week the Impression Obsession team is bringing you summer themed greetings... As always you can play along with us, with a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate! Check out all the details on the Impression Obsession Blog. Check out what everyone else came up with today:
 Summertime in the South and ice cold watermelon... nothing better! This stamp is on sale right now too, you can find it on the Impression Obsession website at half price ----> Watermelon Slices. I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder in the background. A few layers and little embellishments, but a fairly simple card!
 Here are the Copic Markers I used to color the watermelons. I cut the image out and used the edge of my scissors to rough up the edges. I used a stylus on the backside of the image to puff out the center, using foam tape I added it to the additional layers. 
I have to say my latest addiction is the Spellbinder's Pennants dies - they include all the little banner dies.... and I can not stop using them. I gently bent the banner and used dimensional silicone under it to keep it raised. I added a button and a bow to finish it off.

10 comments:

  1. Very sweet indeed Jenny! I love how you used all that white space to make this little slice of watermelon heaven pop! BTW, I am kind of addicted to Spellbinders Pennants too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love your card.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, your coloring and talent is amazing! I love your cards. Thanks so much for adding the colors you use to color items as this is very helpful to me!
    Hugs, Becky Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta say your card is cute and fun but me and watermelon just don't get along (I can't stand the taste or the smell of it), I know pretty weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is just something about watermelon that I lovelovelove! Beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so yummy! Just what we need to get in the 4th of July spirit!

    We must be in tune as I am working on a watermelon card and a banner card too! Freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun,summery card. Love the colors and banner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, This is soo Adorable and so perfectly summery! Love your terrific coloring. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete