Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Birthday Flowers

Look at the fluffy fru fru bow I added on this card. So.... for a bow like this I would not put it in an envelope but rather include it in the gift box or put it in a clear card box to give. I had a long length of purple silk ribbon and I just keep winding it around the bow easy making my bow, lol! A few simple layers and a Sizzix Embossing Folder create the simple background. 
When it comes to a specific flower, and me not being a real green thumb kind of gal.... I go to Google and look up some images to get ideas from. What did we do before Google? So I googled Crocus and to choose my color scheme. I found this purple sketchy looking DP in my stash and pulled that in to coordinate too. You can see I outlined only a portion of the Nestie inner frame. I left a blank spot to go back and add in a few jewels to jazz it up. Finished card size is an A2.

11 comments:

  1. The image is stunning and the card is down right lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bow (especially like the little folds under the pearl!), and wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the purple! What a gorgeous card!!

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and you used my favorite color, purples. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolute perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning!!! The black mats really makenit pop. Beautiful coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great coloring, Jenny. Love the special touch of stopping the putline and adding the crystals. I am going to try that on my next card.

    SueP

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all about the proofreading....outline

    SueP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the purple! beautiful card and wonderful birthday flowers! The image is absolutely amazing! fantastic work, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete