Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Beach Vacation Spot

The Serendipity Design Team is sharing cards with a vacation theme today. 
Check out what everyone else came up with today:
MiriamAmy,  AnyaKathie and Lynda.

Here is my vacation beach scene... looks like a good relaxing spot to me! Add a little beachside bar serving something cold and fruity... perfect! 
You can see here the Copics I used to color it. I colored the sand with marker to paper. The sky and the water I airbrushed using paper masks to get it darker in some place and then moving them around. I used Copic Blending Solution and a rag to blot off some off the color.... and I did not like how it looked.... I took off too much color and lost the definition of the airbrushed layers. Lesson learned. To sort of try and "hide" my mistake I used a CB folder and embossed the entire scene. 
I added a few layers and a crazy jute string bow. I found this little gold shell in my stash and threw that in the corner. I covered the entire card front with paper from Graphic 45's on the Boardwalk 8x8 Collection. 

  • Stamps: #004QCL Palm Tree Cling Set by Serendipity Stamps
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Neenah Peppercorn, Kraft, G45 On the Boardwalk 8x8, Gold Metallic Card Stock
  • Other: CB FOlder, Jute String, Shell Embellishment, Paper Piercer

14 comments:

  1. Such a refreshing card to take us away from the everyday humdrum. I found myself thinking back of a beach I ha been on. Thanks for the little mind break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Jenny! The embossing is the perfect touch. Lord I wish I was close to a REAL beach right now! The goose-poop covered sand at Smithville Lake is just not doing it for me this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! I would like to be here, too! Great job with your card - I love the addition of the embossing, and that twine bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to emboss your finished piece. I want to go there! Now you have the perfect DSP to go with this image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome...thanks Jenny. I have a similar stamp that "spoke to me" and I had no idea what to do with it.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the card. That was so smart to cover it with the embossing. I'd never know you did that to cover up what you didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ALOHA!!!!!I think you are too critical! I really like the look you got dabbing away! The CB folder was a nice touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Embossing the scene really adds interest! Great job!
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why does you create procedure sound so familiar!!! I have to say, though, it turned out lovely! I really really like it all! It is South Seas lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that's totally a fabulous & creative piece of artwork! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenny, the texture on this card is amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card. Wonderful colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful image set in a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete