Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

'Round the Corner.....

It's Monday, which means it's time for another Outlines Challenge. This week it was about keeping all the corners rounded. Check out what every one cooked up this week:  Bev GerardJeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy Hulsart and Vicki Garrett.
I die cut just a portion of the larger Easter Birdies image, cutting it out with a Round Nestie. I used more Nesties to add layers. Foam tape is behind a few of the layers adding dimension.
Of course.... Copics!
 To create the sky... I colored the background with B01, and then used a towel and the Blender Solution to blot the sky, giving it a bit of a textured look. After doing that, I continued on and colored the rest of the image.
After putting all the layers together, I added a few Light Rose Swarovski Crystals on just one side of the scallops, bringing in a little more pink. Finished card size is 5" square. 

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - you know I love that image! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so precious Jenny! I found a little bird's nest in our outdoor shower this past weekend. A little peek inside confirmed three newborn baby chicks . . . the miracle of nature! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenny this is a fabulous card. I love your coloring and of course birds, trees, etc. are some of my favorite things to stamp. Thank you for sharing with us your great creation. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so pretty! I really love the treatment you gave the sky with the blender solution. It's a technique I don't often grab, but such a great result! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Was it hard NOT to color those eggs? You - leave something white!? Love the crystals too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful indeed! Love the lovely sky you've added within the tree .. truly makes the entire image spring forth!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea how you textured the sky. Your coloring is great and that is such a neat design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am lovin' my new spellbinders and can't wait to get more grand dies. thanks for the tut!

    ReplyDelete