Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Outlines - Floral Hat

Monday means it's time for a challenge from the Outline's DT. The theme was FLORAL this week. Whatever, however.... just needs to have something floral about the image or design. Check out what all the girls came up with:  Bev GerardJeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy Hulsart and Vicki Garrett.
So, this definitely qualifies as floral! This Spring Bonnet was one of the new images released in the Serendipity Collection. I used Spellbinder's Grand Labels Four to cut the card base as well as for the die cut for the image. I am addicted to making shaped cards with the Grand Dies, just makes it so easy and so much more interesting than a traditionally shaped square or rectangle card base. 
Of course I used Copics to color it up! I tried to keep the color choices somewhat in the same color grouping as the papers I used in the background. You can see I airbrushed a little YR21 around the edges before I removed it from the Nestie and traced the inner edge of the die with a black Micron pen. I added Swarovski Red Crystals Size 5 to the berry branches. I also used a Cream Pearl Pen to add a few pearl embellishments. The finished card measures 6 3/4" x 4 1/4" and would fit in an A7 Standard Envelope. 

15 comments:

  1. jenny this is gorgeous!!!! your colouring is fantastic!!!
    xx petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a grand card Jenny! Your coloring is just great. Love that hat. Thanks for sharing such a marvelous creation. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, your Copic coloring is the best. I love coming to your blog, because I know I'm going to see gorgeous artwork. This one is a real beautie! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty colors and card-I love the airbrushing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute design and love the big colorful hat. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card. I love shaped cards and the design you used fits it so perfectly. Very nice coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny, Love the card, just picked up that stamp on Friday and can't wait to use it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, Jenny. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh lovely and rich colors and such a pretty image! Love those grand dies too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh Jenny, i love what you did with this hat! Just gorgeous lady

    hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  11. So perfect, Jenny! Love what you did to the background, too, especially the shadow/3D effect with the 2 ribbons (?) across the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors, image and shape! Must have been fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful job coloring this with Copics! It's just stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. Amazing...you've done a fabulous coloring job, your airbrushing is perfect and you've used Material Girl and Kraft - two of my favorite things! You're such a Krafty Kat...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Checking to see if you had any IO posts I didn't have and what do I find!!! Delicious! That's what. Beautiful! Much needed with all the rain we are having!

    ReplyDelete