Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Outlines Challenge - Make it Manly!

Something NEW is in the works this week! 
Starting today you can play along with the Design Team in the Weekly Monday Challenges! You can link your card find all the rules on the Outlines Blog, AND you have a chance to win $25 each week to shop in the Outlines Store! So please get out your Outlines Stamps and play along with us... Look forward to seeing what folks come up with!! 
-------------------------------------------------
The Challenge this week is to make a masculine card. Check out the Manly Ideas that the team came up with:  Bev GerardJeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy Hulsart and Vicki Garrett.
Man cards.... always a struggle for me!! I still could not resist adding a button and little bow. I used a only a portion of the Howdy Southwest Collage Stamp, cutting out the coyote element to feature on my card. I used 1/2" Scor-Pal tape to add a band of jute string around the entire center panel, as you wrap the jute string the adhesive grabs on and holds it right in place. I also used a Southwest Corner Punch to create the little notches on the stamped panel and added a jute string frame. 
You can see here the Copics I used to color the Coyote. I used the Blender quite a bit trying to give it a bleached or more faded look. I added a tiny Happy Birthday Sentiment to complete the card. The final card size is an A2.

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Jenny!! Wow, wish I could use my copics the way u do. I need a class or maybe 100!!!! Yikes, do I need help with them. You made me smile big time this Monday am...ty. You are one talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the guy card!! The button and bow is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jute string really adds a special touch. Clever idea. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect guy card, love that image and wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you did your twine and button treatment! Fabulous idea, into my inspiration file...! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yee Haw! What a great masculine card. Love the twine and button and the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! I just love your color treatment on this one... the "bleached" look is perfect for that SW image style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you wrapped the jute and used it on the coyote border! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great guy card - they are a struggle, aren't they? The jute string is perfect and your colorless blender use is perfect.

    ReplyDelete