Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Outlines - Button it up.....

Monday means a new Outlines challenge... this week,  it was - Button it Up! Check out what the team came up with: Bev GerardJeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy Hulsart and Vicki Garrett.
I picked two of the Dotted Flowers to use as the focal point on the card. Any of Outlines flower stamps make such an fun and easy card, with the multiple sizes, layering is a breeze! I used Cosmo Cricket's Wanted 6x6 paper pad, adding in some kraft and black card stock. I stamped and heat embossed the flowers, using Versafine Black ink and Clear EP on some of the pattern paper from the pad. I cut out the flowers, curling the petals and giving them some "lift"..... topped with a big button and jute string bow in the center.
You can see the slight embossing around the edges of the card base--- I used the smallest square in the Spellbinder's Grand Square Dies  to just emboss the frame. In each corner I added a button with a little jute string bow.  Finished card is 5 1/2" square.

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. You did a nice job on it. Love the addition of the jute string bows. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, how pretty and very vintage looking. Love that color combination and the jute string is the perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card. I love the color combination - very different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fav color combo.
    The Queen approves.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, oh Jenny!
    My list of "loves" on this card is armslength! So clever to use two different dry embossing techniques. I positively love that flower and your colors! Home Run ... outta da park!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! I love the colour combination!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are so warm and the design is wonderful. How how you used the two flowers to become one and that button to tie them together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word!!! I just love the texture with this card!!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are so many great details on this card. We all seem to be on a kick of stamping the flowers directly on patterned paper! Love the jute string with the Wanted papers - very appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ..This amazing ..Love the colors and layers!!

    ReplyDelete