Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

An Italian Wedding....

Today brings a new challenge from Serendipity Stamps. We were given a sketch to work with and a theme of Weddings. Check out what the other ladies came up with for the challenge....  Amy,  AnyaKathie and Lynda.
Here is the sketch:


OK, I never can follow a sketch perfectly! So I made a few minor modifications. I chose my paper first.... I have a stash of beautiful Italian papers that you buy in the big oversized sheets and I decided to pull those out. Since the papers come in the large sheets, I use a skirt hanger to literally hang them and keep them in a closet. That way they don't get wrinkled or rolled. Unfortunately it also means they stay out of sight and I kinda forget about them. I wish the paper showed up better in the picture, all of the little swirls on it are golden and it just looks so rich. I used the largest die from Spellbinder's Curved Rectangles to create a card base. I used a smaller die from the same set to cut out the cake image.
I don't usually color with Copics if I am using embossed images, as the markers tend to be fussy with some embossing powders. But I just added quick touches of color to the cake, using my Blender pen to highlight and also fade out the peach color on the cake. After cutting the cake out with the die, I adhered it to the gold paper and hand cut around to add the second gold mat. When I was finished with the card, I added Glossy Accents over the roses and also the leaves on the cake to add a little shine. The sentiment I glued flat on the left side at the card's spine, but underneath in the middle I used Dimensional Silicone to keep it popped up with a little wave to it. 

5 comments:

  1. wauw this is gorgeous!!!!! love your collouring!
    xx petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful paper and the gold embossing and the shading is so pretty on your cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the whole look of this card, the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gold embossing and your lovely shading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! What a wonderful gift itself!! And a keeper too!

    ReplyDelete