Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

IO Challenge - Pick a favorite....

The Impression Obsession Challenge for this week was to pick a favorite image and make a card with it. As always you can participate in the challenge too, check out the Impression Obsession Blog for all the details on how to play and win a gift certificate too! Also you can find links to all the other Design Teams posts... can't wait to see what favorites they picked!
When I saw this challenge -- I could not imagine picking a favorite image. Sure, I like some images more than others maybe, but a favorite? Too many favorites. Then I decided I would look through my stash and find my most dirty inky stamp, thinking that would mean it was really a favorite being so well used, lol. BUT then I came across this one, which was pretty well stained and I actually remembered buying it specifically, long, long before I was a part of the Design Team. I had not inked it up in quite some time... and that was how I made my choice. IO has a huge Nautical Section of Stamps and I especially fell in love with the shells and the ocean sentiments/quotes. 
Here are the Copics I used to color the shell. I used E000 just to highlight around the edges on the base shell. The colored shell will be popped up over it.
If you know me.... very rarely.... if EVER, do I leave white space. I always have to fight to not cover every inch! I am really trying to be better with that!! And I didn't plan on it being this WHITE, but when I tried to add a little extra - ribbon, pearls... it just didn't quite look right on the card. SO I left it very white, with the embossing from a Spellbinder's Die really the only extra that I did. After the second shell was cut out, I gently curled it around my fingers so it would not be flat. I then adhered it over the first stamping using dimensional silicone.
Here is a link to an much older post in 2009 that I used another image of a shell, but the same sentiment..... and not an inch of white space was left on that card, lol!!!

18 comments:

  1. How very very lovely! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really love this card and the sentiment on it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple yet so very beautiful. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent Jenny!! The only thing that you could have done to it was to do just what u did. Love it. Of course I love the ocean and shells, etc. Being brought up only 1 1/2 hrs. from the NJ Shore, well I grew up with the ocean. Still love it but don't live anywhere near the shore. Wanted horses so had to go up country!! Sacrifice, believe me. LOL Hugs. Great card gf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great card. I really want those stamps now. I love IO stamps, especially when a pro like you has done them such justice. You are such an inspiration to me and my stamping and I have been at this for more than 20 years. You do such beautiful work. Thank you for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card-the white space makes the sentiment really stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. I love the ocean so this one just hit the spot for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is by far my favorite card I have seen in ages! I so love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect just the way it is! Such restraint from you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a stunning creation. I'm so glad you left the white space because the colored shell with the white and black is what makes the card so striking. Love how you colored the shell -- thanks for sharing all the step-by-step details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh. my. goodness!! I LOVE this card. I NEED that shell stamp. Great minds think alike, we used the same sentiment stamp on this week's card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply elegant Jenny!! I just love your coloring of the shell and your design!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and the coloring is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh the irony of you picking a nautical image for your favorite - is that a WHELK I see?? ;-) This one is right up my alley and I love the white space. You are so much better at leaving white space than you think you are. Every time you do, it's a stunner. Excellent. You are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This is so elegant! Love your coloring on the shell too, so pretty! Thanks for the inspiration 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Shell is coloured so beautifully!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  17. The amount of white space is perfect, the shell is exquisite and the font is just right with the most lovely sentiment. I hope you hear a symphony each time you create one of these beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete