Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Double Birthday Butterfly

Prickley Pear recently came out with a second Butterfly Set, which of course matches up with the Butterfly die. The Birthday sentiment is included in the same set. I actually put down the Copics for a tiny minute and used a Navy Ink with Clear EP to create this card. I paired it up with printed paper from October Afternoon's Report Card 8x8 Collection. I added the Kiwi, Ivory and Blue card stock to match. Lots of Nesties and Cuttlebug embossing dresses it up too!
The bottom layer butterfly is full size, but the Kiwi Butterfly I cut in the middle removing the body portion, so the edges would be a tad shy of the ivory layer allowing you to see both colors. I then positioned the green wings back towards the center and used a Black Pearl Pen to add a little body back in. In between the wings I used Dimensional Silicone to add height and hold the wings propped up. The antennae are made up using ivory Scrappers Floss. The Lacey Edged Nestie in the background is  Spellbinder's Lacey Ovals. I cut it in half using the two pieces in the corners. Finished card is an A2 size.

8 comments:

  1. Very fun - love the way you did the butterfly layers and little antennae!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love the double butterfly and the different layers you used for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - quite eye catching! A color combo I would not have used, but I like it a lot. TFS Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea cutting out the body. Love the floss antenna too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Fabulous! Love the colors and all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card. Love the colours. Beautiful set, perfect card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and I am always amazed at what you do with different prints. These are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete