Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Doodle Gifts

Today brings a new challenge for the Serendipity DT. We were challenged to used one of the "Doodle" stamps and create a simple card that also incorporated felt.
Check out what everyone came up with:  Amy,  AnyaKathie and Lynda.
I kept it super simple and thought it could be a fun and easy Holiday card or work for a Birthday card. The little gifts were trimmed out and raised up on the card using Dimensional Silicone. I used Viva Decor Pearl Pens to embellish the presents, adding little pearls. I incorporated a layer of red felt in the background. I know it looks like like it's lacking something.... but when I added a sentiment it just ddn't look right... so I went with the blank space..... very hard to resist filling it... but nothing quite worked. With the fuzzy felt and the raised presents it has a more whimsical feel in person that doesn't quite translate in the pic. 
Quick coloring with Copics -- Here are the markers I used.

  • Stamps: Gift Bauble CLing Set #956MCL by Serendipity Stamps
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Bo Bunny Dot Paper, Neenah Classic Crest White, Paper Backed Red Felt
  • Other: Copics, Bow Easy Tool, Misc RIbbon, Viva Pearl Pens - White, Kiwi, Red

3 comments:

  1. This is darling Jenny! The gifts are so cute and your layout is such a wonderful, simple design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The layout is a great design, and I like how you incorporated the felt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, I just love how you used the felt in the background. I never would have thought of that. Great and cheery card!

    ReplyDelete