Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Black and White + One

Time for the Outline's Design Team Weekly Challenge. This week it was Black and White plus one other color. Also, remember you can play along with us in our weekly challenges, with a chance to win a gift certificate each week! Check out all the details on the Outline's Blog
Check out what the team came up with:  Bev GerardJeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy Hulsart and Vicki Garrett.
I might have kinda cheated... as I kinda used a "color family" instead of just one other color. I couldn't help it. Report me to the challenge police if need be! 
I heat embossed all the images, stamping them with Versafine Onyx Black and then using Clear EP to emboss with. You can see the Copics I used to add a few touches of color. After I added color to the large posy, I ran it thru a CB folder adding some embossed detail. 
Here is an up close sideways view... after I assembled it and blinged it up!  I used foam tape in between some of the layers and I also used Viva Clear Glass Gel pen to add a glassy finish on the edges of the sentiment circle. I used Swarovski Clear Crystals Sized 5 and size 16 to sparkle it up. It's amazing the difference Swarovski brings to a card. I thought the bow went with the same "color family".... and you know it's hard for me to resist adding ribbon if I can! Finished card is 5 1/4" square.

10 comments:

  1. You cheat very well, LOL... This is fabulous. Love all the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock gf...I love how u did this. I am a bling queen and just love sparkles of any kind and flowers! TY for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, Jenny! These colors are fabulous ... and a palette that I might never have thought to use. What a truly WOW creation here!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you can get away with anything! What lovely, delicate color(s)! A wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny's favorite = black and white! That is cute doing the impressions on the petals. The queen approves.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Challenge police... you're so silly!

    I love that coral color with black, so rich! And all your details are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THis is wonderful, Jenny! Love the color and amazing design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card - love the coral/peach with the black. I was afraid the challenge were going to come after me for my teal 'family', so now I feel much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I won't tell if you won't. Your card is beautiful. I love the variations on color - and the bling is just right.

    ReplyDelete