Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Vellum Fern

This week the Serendipity Design Team has this fun inspiration photo to get the mojo going. Check out what the others created: AmyAnyaand Lynda.You can play in a Serendipity Customer Challenge for a chance to win a gift certificate.... Check out the details on the Serendipity Blog.

Here is my finished card.... kinda different. I love quotes and using them in a design for an "any occasion" card. When I saw this big fern stamp, my first idea was to color it and then soften it with a vellum front. I started with White Neenah paper and stamped my image, coloring it with Copic Markers as you see in the below picture. 
After coloring the fern image....   I stamped the quote on the vellum and wrapped the vellum around the fern panel, securing the vellum flaps on the back side. Since the vellum is not taped down anywhere on the front it kind of "floats" in front of the fern, but you can't really tell that in the pic. I added a few simple mats and a ribbon/bow to finish it off.
  •  All stamps by Serendipity Stamps: 998-K Fern Leaf Large, O24-E Hands of Memory
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Misc. Greens, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Vellum, Black
  • Other: Taffeta Ribbon by SU, Copic Markers

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful colouring Jenny. A gorgeous card...so clean and crisp..if that makes sense.
    Beautiful.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning Jenny! A beautiful card, I love the fern behind the vellum, so soft and tranquil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very creative... At first I thought it was a real fern behind the velum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card-love the vellum overlay. I like ferns in stamp images but especially in real life-love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only beautiful, but very creative! Love this card! TFS Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sentiment,coloring and image. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, Jenny! What a beautiful card, the colors are so serene. I love how you interpreted this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, so delicate! I love it.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Love the fern stamp you used and the soft feel of the vellum overlay.

    ReplyDelete