Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Colors

Over at The Flourishes Blog they are having a Bring Back Beautiful Challenge "BB09" all about Spring Colors. I have been enjoying the Flourishes' Lenten Rose set this past week and decided to color up another image from the set.
I paired the image up with some bright spring paper from Jillibean Soup's Dutch Mustard 6x6 paper pad. I used half of one of the Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Squares to create the coral frame. The die cut was not quite big enough to fit my image so I ended up splitting it in half and extending the length a bit, using a small filler piece in the middle section to cover the open gap.
You can see the Copic Markers I used to color the image in the above picture.
I used a sentiment from the  Hello Hyacinth stamp set in the lower corner. I added Glossy Accents over the vase to give it a glassy finish. The finished card is 5 1/2" square.

6 comments:

  1. Great idea you had to extend the length of the frame! Beautiful coloing!! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your coloring on your lenten roses. Mine are blooming now-one of the first flowers I have to bloom early early. Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and wonderful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jenny, this is just a beauty of a creation. Love the colors you picked and the way you colored your flowers up! The die cut on half of the image is also a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! Love the colours you chose and the design is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete