Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Poppies...

I love the floral stamps sets from Flourishes and pulled this older set - Poppy Patch, out to play with. I used Eclipse Tape to create a mask for each flower and then stamped all three flowers together in a little bunch. The sentiment is from the new Orchid Set they just released. Every time I use a new Nestie, I think it is my favorite... but I really really really think this Labels 18 that I used to cut out the Poppies in my new favorite!!! And I also used the Lattice Rectangles as a panel in the background and a smaller one to frame the sentiment. 
Copics to color the poppies! I also used W5 Warm Grey to airbrush around the poppies and the sentiment before popping them out of the Nestie die. I used a Micron pen to add a little frame by tracing the inner edge of the Nestie.
The large poppy "needed" something extra in the center.... I used Ranger's Black enamel and created a little pool of it on a scrap piece of paper. I used a toothpick to dip it in the pool and then apply tiny little dots to the center. I added foam tape in between many of the layers to add dimension. Finished card is an A2 size.

  • Stamps: All stamps from Flourishes - Poppy Patch Set, Sentiment is from Orchids Set
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Grey DP by Pink Paisley, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Red
  • Other: Spellbinder's Labels 18, Spellbinder's Lattice Rectangles, Rangers Black Enamel, Misc. Ribbon, Slot pucnh from EK Success, Sizzix Embossing Folder, Button, Black Micron Pen, Copics/ABS, Bow Easy Tool, Corner Rounder, Black Adhesive Gems, Black 1/16" Rainbow Tape

17 comments:

  1. You always outdo yourself. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wowser, this is pure loveliness Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jenny! I love your dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coloring on that pretty image. I love the labels 18 you used-kind of remainds me of a vase for your poppies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Jenny!
    You've ventured into a color palette that is so dramatic ... and perfect for poppy blossoms! What a beauty!

    Happy Easter Weekend!
    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super gorgeous!! Love the grey shading and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jenny you outdid yourself on this one. Oh do I love it. The coloring is so top notch, the new nesties perfect (I love that one too just got it). How can I say how wonderful a job u did any way else? GREAT!! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jenny you outdid yourself on this one. Oh do I love it. The coloring is so top notch, the new nesties perfect (I love that one too just got it). How can I say how wonderful a job u did any way else? GREAT!! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jenny you outdid yourself on this one. Oh do I love it. The coloring is so top notch, the new nesties perfect (I love that one too just got it). How can I say how wonderful a job u did any way else? GREAT!! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jenny you outdid yourself on this one. Oh do I love it. The coloring is so top notch, the new nesties perfect (I love that one too just got it). How can I say how wonderful a job u did any way else? GREAT!! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Genius using the black enamel! Wow... what a striking card all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty card! I have been looking at your other cards below and I love them. You do great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Your poppies are stunning! This is card is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous poppies and I love the warm gray airbrushing - so 'krafty' of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning Jenny, your poppies "pop" with color!

    ReplyDelete