Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Orchids

Over at the Flourishes Blog my pal Silke is hosting this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge "FTTC115" with a Sketch for us to use! 
Here was the sketch she came up with: 

Here is my take on the sketch. I wanted to use the new Orchids set, I have been dying to get it inked up. I love orchids, never mind that my thumb is black and they die with in weeks of coming in my home.... I still think they are so very beautiful. 
I used my Grand Nesties to create the card base and other layers using the Scalloped Circles. You can see I used foam tape to add dimension between the layers. A few teeny light green pearls decorate the scalloped edge on the sentiment.
I stamped the Orchids on Eclipse Tape and created a mask. YES.... it took forever to cut it out with all the curves and tiny bits! I masked the orchids and airbrushed C3 Copic over the background. I also left one Copic out of the picture here.... I had not even realized but I had not colored the stems... so I also used YG61 to finish the stems. Finished card is about 5 1/2" in diameter.

22 comments:

  1. Your coloring is just fabulous on this! Love how you interpreted the sketch. This is gorgeous! I've always said I have a brown thumb, cause I can't grow a thing either! Good thing we can create them on paper...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your coloring is stunning!! gorgeous card. Thanks for playing in the FTTC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Interesting choice of sentiment, Miss IPS...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, you turned something totally cutesy into a work of pure elegance. This is really outstanding, Jenny! I've never heard of that Eclipse tape, but obviously it works marvels. Your touch in coloring is just magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Like the color choices. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, this is so gorgeous! You totally rocked the sketch! I GASPED at your stunning orchid coloring! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE the round card. Colors and coloring are perfect, as usual. The Queen approves.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty! Love the soft colors you used, perfect for the delicate look of those orchids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love how you coloured these orchids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love how you have shaded these orchids - they look so real!! I love orchids and used to have about 1000 plants! I have ordered these stamps - HAD to have them! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi jenny, i look arround on your blogg, wauw what a gorgeous cards you made!!!! i became a follower!!!
    xx petra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, pretty colors on this also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning! They grey background with the white-ish orchids is amazing!!! So Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love what you did with this new set! The card is just outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beyond beautiful! Your coloring and shading skills are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely stunning Jenny, I love orchids as well! They grow great on the lanai here due to our relatively high humidity! Your design is enabling me to go out and purchase one . . . .LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amzing card! The orchids are stunning the way you colored them. I like how the yellow mat really helps to make the orchids stand out. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. G-A-S-P!!! Jenny, you made the magnolia's look AMAZING!!!! Fabulous take in the Sketch and you definitely colored this image to perfection! Thank you for joining us this week :)!!! Big hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card - your coloring is stunning, and I love the colors you used too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH MY GORGEOUSNESS! I can't believe how stunning this creation is! I don't use grey all that much but man, oh man! You have created something that just screams elligance!!!

    ReplyDelete