Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Outlines - Spring Sparkle

Today the Outline's Design Team Challenge was to create a card with BLING. See what everyone else created this week: Jeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy Hulsart and Vicki Garrett
I always love a red, black and white color combo, which is perfect for a ladybug design. There are two ladybug images: Circle Ladybug, which is the bottom layer on my card, and also Flowery Ladybug which I cut away the wings for the top layer.  I used one to for the bottom layer and This week the team is showing off bling on our cards and using a product called Picksey Pick Up's to place the crystals. If you are not familiar with this handy tool you can see a tutorial on how to use them  - Picksey Pick Ups How To!
Easy Peasy coloring for this one... I only used R29 to add the red to the ladybug wings. In the up close and personal picture here, you can see I embellished the wings with Light Siam Size 9 Swarovski Crystals, using Picksey Pick Ups and Glossy Accents to adhere them.  I used a Viva Decor Black Pearl Pen to add some shine to the ladybug's head. On the bottom layer of the ladybug, Rangers White Enamel and a toothpick was used to create the tiny little white polka dots. Under the cut away wings I used Dimensional Silicone to prop them up and keep the bended shape. Finished card measures 5 1/4" square.

14 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous! Wonderful dimension, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! This is my middle name: BLING...can not have enough. How cute is a ladybug? Gotta love this. Your layering is fab as well. Dies are going to be our right hand helpers for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love! What a great card, and my favorite color combo!'

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and adorable! Love the bling on the ladybug . . . she's bejeweled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute ladybug design-love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bling!?!? What an easy challenge! Love that you used wings from another bug stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable!!! I love those open wings and all that shine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love red, black and white and your little lady bug is adorable. Love the added dimension and of course the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, Jenny, I am back here to look at your IO ladybug background because I am using it for Thursday and what to I find. This gorgeous card!!! I love everything you did. I am off to shop here and also I think at PP.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulously blinged up ladybug! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your whimsical design Jenny! Way Cute!

    ReplyDelete