Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

IO Challenge - Encouragement....

The Impression Obsession Challenge this week was to make a card with an Inspiring or Encouraging theme. As always you can play along with the team and have a chance to win some Impression Obsession Cash! You can find all the details about how to play and also find the links to the other team's cards here on the Impression Obsession Blog
I picked a quote sentiment that I thought had an encouraging theme, you know I love the quote stamps.... and am showing off one of my most favorite Cover-a-Card backgrounds "Ornate Floral". I made two cards for today.... I had leftovers and didn't want them to go in the trash! My first card I really had fun with, as the card base and some of the elements were made with my NEW Grand Calibur Machine and Grand Dies. On this card the card base and the middle panel is created with the Grand Creative Book Pages Set. When I was cutting out the card elements I tried to pay attention to the design in the background stamp so the design would be symmetrical.  The ribbon is element is two ribbons together and then a strip of mini pearls on top of them. Love those teensy pearls!
The second card uses the exact same stamps, maybe just a little simpler in design. The black middle panel was created using smaller pieces from the Creative Book Pages Set that were cut down and then paired together to make a panel. I taped the pieces together on the back and then embossed them using a CB folder.... even though you can not see the embossing in the pic. 

15 comments:

  1. Really elegant and very interesting with all the different shapes. Love that backgrounder and the pearls are perfect. I think it's mean that you make me wait SO long for MY GC, and then you flaunt yours in my face! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such elegance Jenny, I love it. Black and white is such a rage the past five plus years. You really captured a serene feeling and the paper, pearls and die come together so well. Congrats on a fab card per usual for you!!!!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards to match the beautiful quote!! How lovely and elegant too, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous! I absolutely love how you used the cover a card background on this... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such awesome cards! I love the combination of CAS and monochromatic.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning and very elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I own this background and have never used it. You card has me searching for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. woah...these are classic Jenny cards...a wonderful use of nesties and stamps to make an elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous Jenny, I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am lurking and posting to the albums. LOLOL I just had to tell you I saw your side bar on the Genesis trimmer. It should be good. It's $400 dollars. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once again - a black and white 'can't miss'! Always elegant, classy and noteworhty!

    ReplyDelete