Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Butterfly in B&W

It's all about Butterflies today with the Outlines Design Team. Check out what all the girls came up with: Jeanne StrieffBev GerardLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy Hulsart and Vicki Garrett.
I pulled this black and white butterfly card out of the archives to share today.  It's simple simple card, but the crystals make it look fancy and sparkly! It features the stamp H-801 Sparkle Butterfly.
You can see I embossed the background using a Cuttlebug Folder. I stamped the butterfly three times using black and white. I glued the body portion of each butterfly flat, one to another. In between the wings I used dimensional silicone to keep them propped up at a little angle. Swarovski Crystals Size 7 and 12 Clear decorate the top butterfly. I also added two little gems on top of the folded bows to each side.

15 comments:

  1. WOW!! Stunning butterfly...my favourite insect...this looks just beautiful.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how elegant and lovely. Black and white is a challenge and you have done it so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS...this is such an elegant and beautiful card. You outdid yourself Jenny. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very classic with the black and white. Love what you did with the butterfly. A very pretty card and a unique idea - thanks for sharing. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant!!! I just love the contrast of black and white with your shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhhhhhh the beautiful dramatics of black & white! Perfection, Ms. Jenny!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Bev, the dramatics of the black and white are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That butterfly is gorgeous in white on black with the crystals. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is truly stunning! Love how the layers are alternating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love this. I just did a card with rhinestones and wasn't sure whether I would post or not. I certainly will.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unbelievably beautiful! What superb work and what a gorgeous result!

    ReplyDelete