Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bright Butterfly!

These colors will wake you up! I had fun making this three dimensional butterfly. I cut out and stamped the butterfly three times using Prickley Pear's Clearly Beautiful Butterfly stamp set and the coordinating Butterfly Die Cut. I cut away portions from the body of the butterfly to shorten the wings and allow the other layers to be seen. I gently curled the butterfly wings and used dimensional silicone in between them to maintain the curve and lift. I just picked up this twine by Pink Paislee -- it was a perfect match to the SEI Sunny Day Collection paper I used. I love it when that happens!!!
You can see I'm making use of a new Nestie shape again too... Fleur de Lis Rectangles. I added some black paper slivers for antennae and a row of bling for the butterfly body.
Here are the Copic Marker colors I used for the butterflies.

11 comments:

  1. Love those pretty printed butterflies and noticed the matching twine right off-wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and a real gorgeous Spring card too! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! The black really makes the colors pop! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. I love all the details. I'm going to have to buy that spellbinders die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! What a bright, cheery intro to Spring! Thank you for introducing me to the Prickly Pear site--I had not seen them before, and love what I see there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright cheery colors . . . yay . . .a gorgeous Spring card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the close shot of the butterfly.
    Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great, great, GREAT card Jenny. Just love bright colors and this sure helped make my Monday rainy day so much better. TY. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is just so pretty. You've been doing some awesome cards lately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was scrolling through your recent posts and this one stopped me in my tracks, it's so AWESOME!!! I love bright colors, and this sure has them! And the dimensional butterfly is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete