Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Outlines - Spring is HERE!

Today the Outline's Design Team Challenge was to create a card with SPRING theme. See what everyone else created: Jeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy Hulsart and Vicki Garrett.
SPRING is here. March 20th, marked the first day of Spring.... the flowers are coming up in my yard and I also noticed a fine yellow sheen of the dreaded pollen on my car this morning. My fellow Southerners are familiar with the Yellow Pine Pollen that coats everything!! I hate the pollen, but love the warming temps!
I went with an Easter image today... Easter Themed and Springy. I stamped the Bunny image twice, cutting the egg out from the second stamping and layering it over the original. When I added the second egg, I used a piece of thick foam tape in the center, but then glued the edges of the egg down flat....making it resemble a rounded egg. I used Copics to color the image, but used Pebbles Jewel Tone Pearlescent Chalks to create a subtle yellow shimmer around the edges of the nestie. Lots of bling dresses up this little egg. I used Swarovski Crystals , which sparkle like none other -- Topaz Size 9, Light Peach Size 5, Clear Size 7, AB Size 9, Olivine Size 5. And of course the Viva Decor Pearl Pens came out to make an appearance too! I used both Lilac and Light Yellow to add pearl embellishments.

8 comments:

  1. Love the paper and jewels and the bright colors! Cute bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love bunnies. Your card is just adorable and the colors are rich and vibrant. Love it. Now I am inspired to get some Easter cards done myself. TY for sharing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so adorable! And I spy some Blossom Soup!!! I can't get enough of that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! This is so adorable and I love all the colors! Great DP too..So Springy and so Cheerful 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card. Funny we both used the chalks - it makes a nice background. Cute ribbon treatment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, how cool to round the egg layer! Love all the crystals and pearl pen accents. Fabulous DP and love the yellow/green combination.

    ReplyDelete