Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Outlines - Lots of Layers!

Today the Outline's Design Team Challenge was to create a card that featured 'Lots of Layers" and also used Smooch to embellish. See what everyone else created:  Bev GerardJeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, and Sandy Hulsart.
My card uses lots of layers for sure! 14 layers. But it is an easy card! I used H-368 Spotted Blossom to create this layered blossom. I grabbed Cosmo Cricket's "Circa 1934" 6x6 pad and stamped my image several times on patterned paper from the pad. I added some black and red card stock in the mix too. I stamped using Versafine's Onyx Black and used Clear EP to heat emboss the images to get it a little extra pop instead of just flat black. I used foam tape to add dimension in between the layers. I also added some black scallop circles in the mix too, cut out with Spellbinder's Dies.
I used Smooch Siren Red to add accents to the stamped images. I also used the very addictive Viva Decor Pearl Pen's to add a few pearl dots. I ribbon band and button with a bow finishes this off!

15 comments:

  1. Oh gee, you weren't kidding!! Amazing project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all those layers made a great design. And very colorful. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! 14 layers . . . girl you've topped me . . . LOL! Your card is gorgeous, especially love the paper on the bottom layer, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cool. I'm going to try this one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny this is absolutely beautiful. I have the CC on order. Now I think I might get another pad of it. I love your work and enjoy learning from you. Thanks for all the inspiration you give to us on our blogs.. I just started mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I haven't seen you use one of these big blooms in a long time. Great way to change colors on the layers and LOVE the paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jiminy Cricket, Jenny!
    I just love these flower layers on dsp! It really adds another dimension of its own in addition to your marvy layers!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. The queen loves it!!!! Right down my alley.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb Jenny...no other word I could use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny - This is gorgeous!!! Love what you have done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, 14 layers, you win, lol. Beautiful card, love the DP, perfect for the cool flower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. Love the colors and all the different flower layers, but I have to disagree with Sandy....my card has 15 layers, so I win, I win! LOL! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just amazing! I'm always inspired by your cards.

    Sue P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, wow, wow!!! This is stunning!! This is layers to extreme!

    ReplyDelete