Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Outlines - Going Green!

Today the Outline's Design Team Challenge was to create a card that showcased the color GREEN. See what everyone else created:  Bev GerardJeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy Hulsart and Vicki Garrett.
Our challenge is about the color green this week! I put away the Copics for this card.... yikes. I gold heat embossed the Sketchy Clovers image and watercolored using re-inkers. I tried to do the Shamrocks in shades of the green, making some lighter and others darker. The hat is stamped twice and I cut the second hat out, popping it up using foam tape. I embellished the shamrocks with a Viva Decor Gold Pearl Pen in the center. A little ribbon detailing with a folded and stacked bow, placed above the Martha border punch running along the bottom. I used a touch of Glossy Accents on the hat band to add a little shine.
  • Stamps: #H-1018 Sketchy Clover by Outlines Rubber Stamps
  • Ink: Versamark and Gold Detail EP
  • Paper: Watercolor paper, Cream, Green card stock, Gold 
  • Other: Ribbon by SU, Martha Stewart Checkered Border Punch, Viva Decor Gold Pearl Pen, Glossy Accents

10 comments:

  1. So pretty!!! I just love all the different styles represented with this image. Simply FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Love the greens. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this design, Jenny ... and that classic ribbon & bow are perfect!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, Jenny. Love the soft watercoloring and how did we ever survive without our Pearl Pens? Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card put a huge smile on my face... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute hat and shamrocks! Great border punch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card - love the ribbon treatment and the gold centers on your clovers. What did we do without those dang pearl pens??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card. Love your image and the beautiful ribbon treatment.

    ReplyDelete