Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

IO Challenge - Blue

Today the Impression Obsession team's challenge was all about the color BLUE. Check out the challenge details on the Impression Obsession Blog and as always we have a gift certificate up for grabs when you play along with us.
Check out what sweet treats the ladies came up with - Daniela DobsonDeborah MarchDina KowalJeanne StreiffJulie Koerber, Laura FulcherKathy Menzies and Shirley Ross.
Blue was the challenge. I mixed a lot of other colors in, but blue is the main color! I used the Hot Air Balloons stamp to create the background. I stamped the ballon background twice, creating a long panel. I used Copic B12 to color the sky background, and then I used Copic Blendings solution and a rag (the fur technique) to add a bit of texture in my sky. 
I added some pink ribbon and a button with a little bow. I found this sparkle string in the yarn section of Michaels. Can you see the little sparkle thread woven though the fibers? I used Dimensional Silicone under the banner to keep the bends and curves in place. 
  • Stamps: All stamps by Impression Obsession - B-362 Thought about You,  F-2418 Hot Air Balloons
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Blue DP by Heidi Grace, Pink, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Sparkly Crochet Yarn, Misc. Button, Pink RIbbon by SU, Copic Markers, Blending Solution, Pearls

16 comments:

  1. WOW Jenny you really nailed it with this card, I love it. Of course blue is my fav color but that aside, lol, love the button and other embellishments u put on the card. Great job. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is a fun card! LOVE that balloon stamp! And that sparkle string is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea and very colorful. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about creative!! I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my GOODNESS...what a lot of colouring, and what a FABULOUS card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT fun coloring and love the blue sky technique. What a happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is ADORABLE!!! I SO want to be on this team. I LOVE their stamps! Love the hints of pink with the blues

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super cheerful card! I loved the affect with the blue and blender Copics. Makes the gorgeous blue sky look so soft and dreamy. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! Love this hot air balloon stamp! Your 'copic texture' looks awesome. And your balloon coloring is really nice as well. Also love the pink ribbon! Thank you for sharing!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable.. it must have taken some time to get this done.. You rocked this one.. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well... isn't this just too fun for words! Jenny, I love everything about this one -- bright, colorful... FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your "up in the air" look.Makes me hope that warm weather will soon be upon us. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness! High Fives to you and your sky ... totally filled with blue & balloons! What a terrific & fun card, Jenny!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card brings a smile to my face Jenny, reminding me a beautiful, sunny spring day. We have an area here in the Tampa Bay area that launches the balloons nearly every Saturday. When my kids were little, they loved seeing them in the sky, sometimes passing right over our house. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete