Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hyacinth Floral

I finally got a little stamping time in last night and this is what evolved.... This is one of the latest sets released from Flourishes and it's been on my desk patiently waiting to be inked and colored. I know most Hyacinths are blue, because I googled it. BUT I didn't want to do Blue and it looked like they came in other varieties too. I had an older piece of Basic Grey's Sublime Collection -- the pink/green sketchy looking paper.... and I tried to match that color in my stamped image.
Of course, it's all done with my beloved Copics. The Oval Nestie layers (Spellbinder's Classic Ovals and Big Scalloped Ovals Large Dies) are all popped up for dimension.   I also put Glossy Accents over the top of the bow for a little shine. I also pulled out a new embossing folder from Sizzix. I can't resist those folders! A few little jewels and some ribbon details to finish it up!

I want to give a shout out to two very good and creative friends that both started blogging this year! Welcome to Blogville, Gals!!! Both came up with the most clever blog names!!! Go check 'em out!

Miriam Napier - Miriam's Delirium!
Miriam is part of my stamp group The Krafty Kats (this is where my blog name came from), we meet every month to share and stamp together, ok.... maybe eat and drink too! We have been stamping together for years. Miriam has her fingers in all sorts of hobbies and excels at them all... paper crafts, pottery, gardening, bookmaking.... Stamping and Paper Crafts are the main focus of her blog.

Janet Hickey - SmARTaleck Studio!
Janet is a mixed media artist who has the most inspiring ideas using all sorts of treasures that she finds in vintage shops and garage sale hunting, she dabbles in so many mediums that I can't keep up! She can turn anything in to art! Janet very rarely just uses paper, but today on her blog, she has a fantastic card posted. It is a true example of how her mind sees everything differently! I loved it!
  • Stamps: All stamps by Flourishes - Hello Hyacinth Set
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Green, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Basic Grey's "Strawberry Cream" from the Sublime Collection
  • Other: Spellbinder's Classic Ovals and Big Scalloped Ovals Large, Mini Green Crystals, Corner Rounder, Ribbon by SU, Sizzix Embossing Folder, Copics/ABS, Glossy Accents, Foam Tape

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous coloring. I'm just now getting into copics. They've been really fun so far. I hope I can one day color flowers like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who needs blue flowers...I love the color choice you made, Jenny.

    Awesome card.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right! They aren't just in blue, and I love the colors you've brought to this image. This card is such a beauty, Jenny!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a million for the shout out! So no purple or blue for you..the pink looks nice but is sooo wrong!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Jenny, love the bling on the scallops!

    ReplyDelete