Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ballerina

Serendipity Stamps has DT challenge for today. Today it was a call to create a card for a teacher or a coach. Check out what the other team members created: Amy,  AnyaKathie and Lynda.
I have been wanting to color this pretty Ballerina image... so interpreted the challenge to create a card for a ballet teacher. Pretty girly girly for me, but I was in a girly mood, I guess!
I stamped the ballerina twice.... cutting the second ballerina out and cutting her skirt shorter to create a visible layer. I used foam tape to pop it up. I colored with Copics and also added some very soft air brushing around the edge of the Nestie. I used Copic R12 to dye white silk ribbon to create the bow and the ribbon bands in the background to match. I added the sentiment using dimensional silicone to keep the bend in the banner. Around the edges the Nestie layer, I used Ranger's White Enamel to add the small white dots. I created a pool of it on a scrap piece of paper, then used a toothpick to dip in the pool and apply the small dots of enamel. 
  • Stamps: All stamps by Serendipity Stamps - #013H Ballerina, #417K Everyday Words Cube
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Peach Card Stock
  • Other: Copics/ABS, Black Micron Pen, Polka Dots CB Folder, Dimensional Silicone, 1/8" WHite Silk Ribbon, Pearls, Ranger's White Enamel, Foam Tape, Spellbinder's Labels 8

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Not as girly as I was expecting. I'm sure your ballet teacher will really appreciate it....;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so beautiful Jenny! I really love the bow, it's a perfect accent for this stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The little bow is such a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 2nd layer of the ballerina is so perfect! Love the image too. So elegant! When did you start taking ballet lessons????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny this is so beautiful and elegant! My 16 yr old is at the ballet studio 5 days a week so we've seen a lot of tulle over the years! You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the way you popped up the ballerina! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, this is so beautifully done...from the coloring, the design, to that perfect little bow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So soft and pretty.. just beautiful. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Jenny! I love how you popped the ballerina up, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete