Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Outlines - Stripes

Today the Outline's Design Team Challenge was to create a card that used STRIPES somewhere on it. See what everyone else created:  Bev GerardJeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy Hulsart and Vicki Garrett.
 Ever since this Easter stamp arrived on my doorstep I have been itching to color it up! Today was the day! I know the challenge was all about stripes.... so I included some striped DP in the background layers.... kind of a cheat, not making stripes the focus. But I was set on using this image!!  I only used one stamp today, but it's so pretty I wanted it to shine all by itself!
My addiction to the Viva Decor Pearl Pens continues.... using four different pens on this Easter Egg! I used Ice White, Lt. Green, Lt. Blue, and Lilac. I also embellished with Swarovski Crystals, using the following colors: Olivine - Sizes 5 and 7, AB - Size 7, Lt. Rose - Size 16. Everything is colored with Copics. I used foam tape to pop up layers of the egg adding a little dimension to the card. A row of paper piercing down each side frames the image. On top of the butterflies and also the center flower on the egg, I added Glossy Accents... so they shine too! Three little teensy bows made from 1/8 silk ribbon go down the side. This card was all about embellishments! OK.... and maybe layers too! Finished card ends up just shy of 6" square. I really liked the combo of the crystals and the pearl pens on this! 

17 comments:

  1. FABULOUS card Jenny. Feel so proud to be the first one to comment. You have done a great job coloring and adding the bling! This egg is a must have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the little details you added.....so many points of interest. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Jenny, love the stamps, that bling is soooooo gorgeous . . . my favorite is the green crystals over the gold flowers . . . fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so PRETTY! The coloring is wonderful, and all those gorgeous pearls! Love it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Gorgeous card! You rocked the paint pens on this one! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, this is amazing. I have that stamp too and have been itching to use it but I could never top this fabulous creation. I love the colors and all the crystals and pearl dots. Wonderful card, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning!! Wonderful detail with the Viva and crystals. I'm glad you put the stripes as the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just amazing!!! I love all the shimmer from the crystals and pearls. So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love all the glitz of your card! Your border is stunning too! It is a very beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card - Love that stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyy .... Jenny!
    No wonder you were eager to get this fabulous image on paper with color! Beautifully designed ... you're making me "need" another stamp!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunner!!!! Those Viva Pearl Pens really put the shine on this card! Love your colors and how you think outside the box to inspire us! Love the soft ribbons, too! Fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete