Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Outlines - Make it Metallic!

Today brings a new challenge from the Outline's Design Team.... Make it Metallic! Which is pretty self explanatory. But we were also challenged to use Liquid Metal Acrylics Paints on this project as well. I think each of us used this neat paint in a completely different way!
So be sure and hop around and see who used the paint and how they used it -  Bev GerardJeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy Hulsart and Vicki Garrett.
I used the Liquid Metallic Paint -Silver to create my background pieces. I embossed a black piece of card stock with a Cuttlebug folder and then used a small 2" brayer to add the paint to just the raised portion. I inked up the brayer and then rolled excess off on a scrap paper before applying it to my embossed panel. It is very liquid and this helped to prevent any excess splatter. The center silver piece was coated entirely (again using the brayer, but this time I didn't roll the excess off.) with the silver paint after being embossed with the CB folder. In person it really does have a metallic finish to it and I am looking forward to playing with these paints a little more! Not being very patient, I gave it a quick shot with the heat gun to dry the paint, which worked easily. If you got too close the paint would bubble... so I kept about four inches away, which seemed to work nicely!
The two flowers are D-92 Dotted Flower Medium and B-93 Dotted Flower Small.... both heat embossed with Silver EP on black card stock. I cut them out and used dimensional silicone to add dimension. The center, of course is a Viva Decor Pearl Pen- Silver  - I'm really developing a serious addiction to these pens! Just got some new colors -- pastels for Easter cards---- so pretty!

11 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful. Can think of so many designs to use this with...time to get out my cuddlebug folders! Thanks for the great technique. ekc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - wonderful job with the metallic paint! Great idea to brayer it on the embossed bits. The paint does dry fast with a heat gun, doesn't it? If I could make a card like this in 20 minutes, I'd be a happy girl....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I just recently acquired a 2 inch brayer after many moons of seeing the fantastic work you do with yours. It works like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a clever girl! Love the paint accenting the dry embossing, Jenny! This card is so elegant ... marvelous work!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Silver and black is my favorite. Great idea using the paint to brayer the embossed paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, love the metallic embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, this is just gorgeous. Don't you love the shimmer of this paint, and it is so nice and thick, it really is easy to apply. Love your silver and black combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO, SO gorgeous!! And what a clever way to use the silver paint! I just love this!

    ReplyDelete