Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

IO Challenge - Is it Spring yet?

Today brings another Design Team Challenge for Impression Obsession. It's all about Spring today. It's freezing and windy here in Atlanta. All though I feel like I can't complain too much, since many folks are covered up with the white stuff! Check out what spring themed designs the team cooked up this week: Daniela DobsonDeborah MarchDina KowalJeanne StreiffJulie KoerberKathy MenziesLaura Fulcher and Shirley Ross.

I'm back from CHA and trying to get back in the swing of things and catch up on everything! One thing I saw all over the show was big flowers! I loved this big rose image from the moment I saw it, so many things to do with it from paper piecing, coloring it, using just a portion of it on a corner, creating a background with it, cutting it out and creating a layered floral image.... I think it has so many possibilities! Here I have created a simple card with it, coloring the full image with my Copics and then stamping a gardening sentiment in the corner. I kept the background simple letting the beautiful flower remain the focus. Finished card size is an A2.

  • Stamps: All stamps by Impression Obsession - L8535 Romantic Rose, B3668 Time Began
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Pink, Green
  • Other: White Signo Pen, Copics

9 comments:

  1. Wowzers, girl, this is absolutely stunning! I love Alessa Baker's images, simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring job, and of course I love those oh-so-perfect stitch marks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that, Jenny, is too too yummmmmy for words!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely rose and coloring job. Love the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FANTASTIC coloring job!!!!
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I love roses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this rose image! And you have done a superb job of coloring this exquisite flower!

    ReplyDelete