Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Daisy Love....

Leaving white space is always a challenge for me. I always feel compelled to cover it all! And, all though there is not a lot of white space on this card.... I still had to resist the urge to add! I used Flourishes' Hearts and Flowers set. I always love the sentiments they use in the sets, just as much as I do the images.  The daisies are actually shaped in a heart image, I just changed it up and used it a bit differently. I used a mask to cover the first stamped image, and then overlapped the hearts... to create a strip of the flowers. I only added color to the centers -- Y26 and Y28. I also colored my ribbon with Y26, as nothing in my stash matched. Which is hard to believe, lol! So sweet and simple and am patting myself on the back for leaving white space. I know it's not much.... baby steps. A few little silver pearls to finish it off.



  • Stamps: All stamps from Flourishes' Hearts and Flowers set
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Misc. card stock, Black, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Silver Pearls, Copics, Ribbon by SU, Eclipse Masking Tape

8 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous!! *chant* More white space cards! More white space! */chant* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use the heart stamp! I wouldn't have thought to mask this stamp. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I LOVE THAT ONE! I am a daisy fan and that is just too gorgeous. I am going to feature it (and you) on my blog. I won't tell them what a real *^%$)@ you are, so your secret is safe with me!
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Daisies are my favorite flower-like it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the white space - we need to have Silke give us lessons! Stick with me, kid, and you'll have ribbon in every color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I would never have thought to use that daisy stamp as you have! Love the card - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever & creative! Love it! I rec'd this set in the mail yesterday. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete