Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bunny and tiny Bits of Ribbon!

Serendipity Stamps has another DT challenge for today. Today it was all about using leftovers.... bits of ribbon, bits of card stock. Check out what the other team members created: Amy,  AnyaKathie and Lynda.
ALSO - Serendipity has brand new images just release for Easter and Spring, so make sure to check them out using this LINK! My card today features one of the cute new bunnies just released.

I used Spellbinder's Beaded Ovals to frame my cute little bunny. Where the die had small openings I added bits of ribbon through them, fastening them on the back of the oval. I wasn't sure if would turn out or end up in the can..... but I liked it and think it worked perfectly with this die and Easter Bunny! 
You can see in the close up, they just tuck through the opening. Looks like it would take some time, but it was only a few minutes to go around the oval. I wanted a softer look to the card, so I opted to stamp the image in Memento Rich Cocoa, my favorite brown ink. I colored the bunny with Copics, adding some light airbrushing while it was still inside the die, keeping the edges clean. Both the oval bunny and the green panel are popped up with foam tape adding a little dimension to the card. Finished card size is 5" square. Can't believe I've done two Easter cards this week....I'm never early to anything, never ahead of the holidays... it's a strange feeling!!!

  • Stamps: #1245 F - Bunny with Eggs by Serendipity Stamps
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
  • Paper: DP by Graphic 45 - Once upon a Springtime Collection, Neenah Classic Crest Natural White, Pink
  • Other: All Ribbon by SU, Spellbinder's Beaded Ovals, Bow Easy Tool, Copics/ABS, Polka DOts CB Folder

17 comments:

  1. That's amazing and adorable! How did you fasten the bits in the back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL -- just used tape, it's not pretty behind there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute! Love the look of the pastel ribbon bits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I think the ribbon was a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and pretty Jenny, I love the pastels, an adorable image as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is adorable. I love the bunny and all that ribbon. Very clever with the ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card and I love how you used the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Threading the ribbon was a fantastic idea - it really is perfect with this image! So springy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the ribbon inserts, that is way cool.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! I don't think I have ever seen Copics done in such soft colors. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever use of ribbon around the die cut! It looks like a beautiful china plate! Perfect frame for the adorable bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now isn't this just the cutest?????????

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny great card! Love bunnies, love soft colors, love spellbinders dies, etc. My perfect card. Thanks for sharing with us. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea Jenny! I have tons of little scraps of ribbon and will need to try this! The image is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable Jenny. I just love your ribbon treatment...very clever and pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card!! All of it - great ribbon, coloring shape, everything

    ReplyDelete