Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Books in Black and White

Serendipity Stamp's Challenges are back.... after a bit of a break for the New Year. Today's challenge is to create using Black and White. Check out what the other team members created: Amy,  AnyaKathie and Lynda.
ALSO - Serendipity has brand new images just release for Easter and Spring, so make sure to check them out using this LINK!
So this black and white challenge was more difficult than I would have imagined. What I love so much about Serendipity images is how most of them lend themselves to being colored so easily, so I had to think on this one for a little bit before I decided what images to use. I ended up using the stamps from the Books Cling Set. The books image was stamped multiple times, masking previous images using Eclipse Tape. I guess I cheated on the challenge a weee bit, because you can see I added a few touches of grey with my Copic Markers. I stamped the sentiment and used Spellbinder's Curved Rectangles to cut it out, adding a little soft grey airbrushing before removing it from the die. As a child I devoured books and still love to read today. But now I am reading books on my iPad, times change! 
  • Stamps: All stamps by Serendipity Stamps - Books Cling Set
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Black and White card stock
  • Other: Misc. RIbbon, Pearls, 1/8" WHite Silk RIbbon, Bow Easy Tool, Copics/ABS, Spellbinder's Curved Rectangles, Black Micron Pen, CB Folder

10 comments:

  1. What an awesome card!! I love what you did with the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I have motivation to figure out my copic ABS that coloring is awesome, so subtle but great depth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my...darn..now I LOVE THIS stamp set! gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black and white, the sentiment and the airbrushing! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love this! What a fabulous book background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I have a friend who used to be a medical librarian and would love this card! No way could I even come close to something this great - but I guess I could buy the stamp set and play and she would love it just the same! Thanks for the introduction to this stamp line. Gotta run and check it out now. So fun!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ckrobinson01@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Jenny, this is gorgeous! What a fantastic background you made! The embossing and sentiment are just wonderful! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, this is awesome! I love how the embossing mimics the staggered books.

    ReplyDelete