Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Outlines -Simply Square

This week, the challenge for the Outlines's Design Team was to keep things SQUARE on our card. Check out what the team came up with this week: Jeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy Hulsart and Vicki Garrett.


I chose this great butterfly to color up this week. It is two butterfly images paired up, the top Butterfly (C-617 Butterfly 2) is the butterfly only. The second layer has the butterfly merged with the square frame (E-519 Butterfly Sq.Lg.). I colored the image with Copic Markers. I cut away the inside of the Butterfly frame with an Xacto knife creating the open frame. I used Dimensional Silicone to prop up the butterfly wings and the curved Nature's Delight sentiment. To finish things off I used ribbon to create another "square" element in my card. I used Scor Pal tape under the ribbon to keep it held in just the right spot. Viva Decor Gold Pearl Pen dots decorate the frame.

13 comments:

  1. I really like this a lot. I don't think I've ever seen this done with ribbon and it's great. I also really love your butterfly. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Like the way you've put it all together. Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really gorgeous, Jenny. It looks like wood - your dad would love it! Great job with all the square elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous Jenny, a beautiful design with beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, this is beautiful, Jenny. I love the brown and gold tones, just fabulous! I need to try some of that Dimensional Silicone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is outstanding...love the way you cut out the stamp, the colors really make for a classy creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. I love these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding card here. I love the colors and the design. Thanks for sharing this with me.

    Joan
    MN

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, this is beautiful! I'm not a big fan of brown, but you really pulled this off. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! So amazing! I love the warm, rich earthtones here! And all your squares are just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWSER!!! This is just GORGEOUS..BEAUTIFUL....STUNNING....the whole works baby! I Love it!

    ReplyDelete