Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Outlines - Pick a Posy

Last year Outlines released a series of Mix and Match Posy stamps that have been hugely popular! So many looks and endless flowers to create with these stamps. You can view the full line of the Mix and Match Posy Images with this LINK! Our team challenge this week was to "Pick a Posy" to create with. Check out what all the ladies created today:  Bev GerardJeanne StreiffLisa SilverRobin Kirkpatrick, Sandy Hulsart and Vicki Garrett.


To create the layers on my flower, I used two posy stamps: E-1023 Oval Posy Medium and D-1024 Oval Posy Small. The sentiment is from a set of "centers" with different messages, making it super easy to customize your flower - F-1049 Posy Greeting Centers. I used SEI's 6x6 Juliette Paper Collection to make this card. I love the soft colors. To stamp all the images, I used Versafine's Smoky Grey ink and then heat embossed with Clear Detail Powder. You can see the white edges on one of the layers - That is Moonlight White Smooch. Since the flower was embossed it made it easy to apply the Smooch in just the right spots - the embossed edges act as a resist. The little silver heart hat pin has been in my stash for a while now, I saw it and thought it went with the colors perfectly. I added small seed pearls along the pin and then stuck the pin in to the foam tape in between the flower layers. A bow to finish it off!

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! I love it and the hat pin was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and like your choice of colors. Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your pretty papers! What a lovely card ~ tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card! It is so pretty, ladylike, but not over the top mushy. Great use of plaids. Great job!
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card!!! I just love the feminine plaids! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the plaid posy card, Jenny!
    The little Smooch edge works beautifully!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, this is beautiful. Despite the pink, this is one of my favorite paper lines and it looks fabulous done up as flowers. Wonderful layout and amazing bow (as always)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! Love the papers you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful, Jenny! Love your layered flower and that plaid dp is one of my faves. Awesome ribbon! I've been practicing w/ my bow easy and have actually used ribbon a few times, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. FAB card - I especially love the hat pin with the beads and how smart to stick it in the foam. Very nice.

    Cracking up at Julie's comment about the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete