Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

IO Challenge - Love is all you need....

This week the challenge from Impression Obsession was to create a card with "Love" as the theme. We are also showing off new stamps that will be released at this upcoming CHA show. AND you can play along with team and be entered to win a gift certificate for your participation. Check out the rules on how to play on the Impression Obsession Blog. Hop around and see the other Design Team's creations: Daniela DobsonDeborah MarchDina KowalJeanne StreiffJulie KoerberKathy MenziesKelli RichardsonLaura Fulcher and Shirley Ross.
When I saw this big rose, I knew I wanted to color it asap with my Copics. I also had in my mind to use non traditional colors for my card, meaning other than pink and red for Valentine's Day. I went with this intense coral color. In the background I used a new Cover a Card background stamp, adding a layer of coral ink in a random texture pattern, it's hard to see in the pic! I roughed up all the edges of my card stock and also sponged coral ink along the edges of all the ivory paper. The black panel is also embossed with a floral CB folder. A few buttons, pearls and a little length of lace to finish it up! Finished card size is 5 1/4" Square.

  • Stamps: All stamps by Impression Obsession - CC076 Cover a Card Background, #l8612 Romantic Rose, #E8611 Reasons to Love - all of theses stamps are new releases for CHA, not yet available in the online store.
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Marvy Coral
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Natural White, Coral, Black
  • Other: Misc. Buttons, Jute String, Lace by May Arts, Copics

13 comments:

  1. Oh my word, that is one gorgeous rose Jenny! Love your design, the colors are just "smashing" . . . . over-the-top gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful feminine creation Miss Jenny! Don't you just love that giant rose? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rose is fabulous! The coral shares are a great alternative to red. Love the lace too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that ginormous rose! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, did you make that for ME?????
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love your card, Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this big ol' rose too! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I covet your ability to combine elements and layers on your card. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! You captured the romance of this flower! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a beautiful rose and your coloring is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful as always Jenny!! Miss you every week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty. Love the note tucked in behind the rose.

    ReplyDelete