Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

IO Challenge - The color purple...

The Impression Obsession challenge is all about PURPLE today. We are all making cards that use purple. Remember you can always play along with the IO team, have your card featured on the IO Blog and also get a shot at winning a gift certificate. Check out all the how, what, where info on the Impression Obsession Blog
Hop around and see what purple creations the team cooked up today: Daniela DobsonDeborah MarchDina KowalJeanne StreiffJulie KoerberKathy MenziesKelli RichardsonLaura Fulcher and Shirley Ross.
Well the deep purple card stock I picked didn't photograph well, which stinks. I used a new Cover-a-Card background #CC078 Round Floral for the background, stamped in Versafine's Imperial Purple ink.  The sentiment is from a new clear set, #CL317 True Blue Friend. Both are soon the be released at CHA and will be available online after the show. The purple card stock panel is embossed with a CB folder and I added to border scallop edges to the sentiment accenting them with a Viva Decor Pearl Pen. A row of pearls and a bow finishes it off. Final card size is an A2.

11 comments:

  1. Love the card! I find that purple sometimes is hard to get a photo of. I don't seem to ever use purple, but I do like it. I like the clean lines you have used and your bow is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - love that background image. Wonderful sentiment - now be a good friend and stop whipping my butt on SpellStacker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sentiment, beautiful card Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite color combinations...beautiful card, Jenny.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sophistocated and pretty too and isn't that saying the truth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, your absolute FAVORITE color, purple??? Hehehehe.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. Love the black with the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card. Love the purple and the new stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pleased to peek at your purple pick for this IO card sharing. Keep Looking UP! mt23stamperatyahoo

    ReplyDelete