Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

IO Challenge - New Year's Resolution

Check out the team and see what inspired their cards: Deborah MarchDina KowalJeanne StreiffJulie Koerber, and Laura Fulcher. AND you can play along with team and be entered to win a gift certificate for your participation. Check out the rules on how to play and win on the Impression Obsession Blog.
This challenge was to create a card based on a New Year's Resolution. NO... my resolution is not to eat more ice cream. I'm already doing too well in that department! My resolution is to send out more sweet notes and cards to my friends. Most often my cards end up at the stamp store for samples or being sent to the stamp companies. I seem to always fall very short on actually mailing cards out to send a smile to a friend. 
I colored the image using Copics and you can see in the close up that I added Glossy Accents over the bowl and the cherry. I used Spellbinder's Labels 15 to frame the Sundae in red card stock. I also used it in the background cutting a larger label out of brown card stock and then cutting it in to quarters, after embossing it with a CB folder. A few little buttons with jute string and a Martha border bunch to embellish the sentiment along the bottom.

  • Stamps: All stamps by Impression Obsession - A Sweet Note #B8344, Sundae Kisses #D8442
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Misc. DP, Red, Brown, Copic X-Press It Paper, White
  • Other: Misc Buttons, Jute String, Glossy Accents, Copics, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Spellbinder's Labels 15, Cuttlebug Folder

6 comments:

  1. Oh yummy Jenny, that looks "Delish"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This doesn't look like you at all. Great coloring job! Like the way you cut apart the embossed die cut. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey... we have the same resolution! I hope we make eachother stick to it! :-) Lovely card Miss Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahem...Ahem...The Queen is a friend, isn't she? She has not received any cards from you???
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny! Fanbtastic card!! I eat yogurt icecream everynight for dessert...just can't stop myself :)Perfect glossy accent addition!!

    ReplyDelete