Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Tulips

Ohhhhhh, I love this image! A friend brought it over one day and I had to ink it up ASAP. Sadly, it is an image from PSX and is now retired, but you can still find it sometimes on Ebay. I colored the flowers with Copics using R46 and R43 for the blooms. I cut the image out with a scalloped oval Nestie and added a red oval Nestie underneath it, just peeking out. The background was embossed with a CB folder and then I inked the raised portions with a baby brayer. I used white pigment ink and also heat embossed with white embossing powder as well. It finished off with the raised embossing portions looking kind of glazed.
  • Stamps: Tulips #K1695 by PSX
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, White Pigment Ink & White EP, Memento London Fog
  • Paper:Grey, Red, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Misc. RIbbon, Spellbinder's CLassic Ovals, Copics, CB FOlder, Baby 2" Brayer, Bow Easy Tool

11 comments:

  1. A very beautiful card Jenny! A gorgeous stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, this is beautiful!!! Such a stunning presentation with the bow. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful-love the red with the black and white-gorgeous bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Jenny....my husband's favorite flower!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful!! Those tulips are gorgeous, and I love your ribbon placement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and it was ever MORE gorgeous in person!!!! qkk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am the LUCKY recipient of this fabulous card and the picture does not do it justice!! The heat and dry embossed background is stunning and the shading on the tulips is very realistic. Thanks Jenny! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favourite stamps! I'm lucky to have one and it's great to see another example of card made with it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, really love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete