Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Stamp Simply #165 - Non-Traditional Christmas Colors

Nov. 12 - ssnotime165 - Non-traditional Christmas Colors -- SHARON SAYS: I know I do this every year, but it's a personal favorite of mine!  Let's make Christmas cards or projects today in NON-traditional Christmas colors.  So that means NO typical red and green. Personal favorites of mine for Christmas are Bashful Blue, Amethyst, Celery, Pink or Rose. 

Play along and link your project on Sharon's blog, No Time to Stamp, using Mr. Linky. See what colorful projects the team cooked up this week....our Ring Leader - Sharon, Janine OrchardA J OttoDeb SaarenenDeb Neerman (out sick this week)Barb Andersand Barb Schram. Joining us for the month of November we have the creative Claudia Rosa with us as a guest stamper! Be sure and check out her blog - Pretty Pressings.
I actually was going with pink originally... but obviously changed course! I had an older Basic Grey 6X6 pad "Scarlet's Letter" Collection on my desk and I flipped through it and found this sketchy grey/polka dot paper. I cut it in three strips and added it in the background. It looks like I stamped the image on black paper, but it is really a dark charcoal metallic card stock. The image is also raised using foam tape. I stamped some holiday words along the bottom and added a little bow, tied of course using the Bow Easy Tool. Finished card size is an A2.

  • Stamps: All stamps by Impression Obsession - Winter/Christmas Borders Set #CL137, Winter House #H1745 
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black and Clear Detail EP, Versamark and White Detail EP
  • Paper: Basic Grey's Scarlet Letter 6x6 Collection, White, Metallic Charcoal Grey
  • Other: Misc. Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool

8 comments:

  1. What a great effect! Wonderful for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking, I don't think I've ever seen that stamp with that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I love these colors!!!
    Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is such a fabulous design, Jenny! Unexpected but gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Wonderful wintery scene and what a pretty bow. I still need to master using the Bow Easy (I'm challenged that way).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very unusual and striking!!! The freaky part for me is that the design on the stamp reminds me very much of a pen and ink drawing I made in high school... I looked at it and thought "that looks so familiar!"
    I like what you did with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How really Christmas fun and pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--what a striking image stamped on black!!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete