Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Something different.....

For this week's Design Team Challenge call from Serendipity Stamps
we were sent a marble tile coaster to stamp on. Please visit .... Amy,  AnyaKathie and Lynda to see what they created for this  challenge!


This was the very first time I have ever stamped on a tile coaster.  I had my fingers crossed that I wasn't going to goof it up, cause I only had one! I was completely surprised at how easy and neat this was. I stamped the image (Maple with Quote #389G) in Staz On Jet Black and then I liberally cooked it with my heat gun to make sure the ink was set. I used a blender pen and chalks to apply the color, which went on super smooth and the colors blended together easily. The coaster was a dull white color originally, and I used a Copic to airbrush a little darker color on to it.  After applying the chalk and airbrushed color, I used a Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Spray to seal it. It has a subtle shine but is not overly glossy.  The coaster is pretty heavy so I attached the ribbon hanger on the back with red line tape, which seems to hold it just fine.

8 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! Brings back memories. I made a set of these with snowmen on them for friends a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks completely amazing! I think I need to get more of these to make up now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! You're such a Krafty Kat....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely GORGEOUS Jenny! The airbrushing really makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jenny, this is one amazing coaster! The coloring is phenomenal.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I have a HM coaster I rec'd years ago for a gift and it has held up over the years...a perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny this is so pretty. I have seen the coaster done in the past and totally forgot about them. I'm thinking I may finally give this a try as a gift for my in-laws this year. Thank you so much for the inspiration!
    Melisa

    ReplyDelete