Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

IO Challenge - These are a few of my favorite things...

Today brings another challenge call from Impression Obsession. 
The theme is to create a card based on pulling an idea from the Favorite Things song from the Sound of Music:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things
When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

Hop around and see where the song took the Design Team with their designs: Daniela DobsonDeborah MarchDina KowalJeanne StreiffJulie KoerberKathy Menzies and Laura Fulcher. AND you can play along with team and be entered to win a gift certificate for your participation. Check out the rules on how to play and win on the Impression Obsession Blog.

I had the line "Brown paper packages tied up with strings" in my head while I created this card. I colored the image with Copics, with the exception of the brown packages which I stamped on Kraft colored card stock and paper pieced. I used two different background stamps - Crackle - which I lightly stamped on the torn red paper and over the red sentiment, as well as Newsprint stamped in red on Kraft paper. A couple of buttons and mini jute sting bows to complete the card, final size is an A2.

13 comments:

  1. A very sweet Christmas card Jenny, I love the jute cord, it's perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just SO cute! I'd be singing that song too. I love your stamped backgrounds. They really look wonderful with the sweet image. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooooooooooooh, I like that one! Love the burlap and red color combo. qkk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rustic feel of this card. Perfect answer to the challenge! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I love the vintagy look of your card and the twine/hemp

    Sooooo Pretty!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kind of card-love it all-the newsprint, twine and I like that labels die.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling card, I LOVE the brown paper packages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd give it a 10...picture perfect and quite delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you take on this Jenny.. that red really pops and makes these adorable images just stand out! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how fun. We had the same idea. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! Love the "brown paper packages"

    ReplyDelete