Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

IO Challenge - Family Traditions

Today brings another challenge from the Impression Obsession Design Team.... Today's theme is Family Traditions at Christmas, creating a card inspired by a Holiday Tradition....Check out all the challenge details on the Impression Obsession Blog and play along with us! Remember each challenge has a gift certificate up for grabs to a random participant.
See what crafty cards the team came up with for this challenge.... Daniela DobsonDeborah MarchDina KowalJulie KoerberKathy MenziesJeanne Streiff and Laura Fulcher.
Back to Copics! Everything is colored with Copics and I added a little Copic Airbrushing around the edges. I added a few little Gold Smooch accents on the green stocking and used the Smooch Moonlight White on the white portions of the candy cane. The writing in the background is a Cover a Card stamp "Script" stamped in Versafine's Crimson Red. I used a Cuttlebug folder on the lower red portion of the card. A Martha Punch along the edge, dressed up with a few jewels to finish it off!
I had to think about this challenge. We change it up each year when it comes to the Holiday Plans. But one thing we do have every year is stockings. My Step-Mother fills stockings for all of us. Filled with sweets, treats and all sorts of good presents. Everything in the stocking is wrapped individually! And we each have our own personalized stockings that she made for us. I fill her stocking, so I had it on hand to take a pic. Every family member has a different design embroidered on the stocking as well as their name. Making this card I remembered when my hubby got his very own personalized one. We dated for five years before we tied the knot and every year he got a generic white and red stocking.... and every year he asked me if I thought he might get a "real" stocking that year.... Nope! No "real" stocking until after we got married! 

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Also, love the story. It's always interesting to read family traditions and I think your stepmother started a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jenny, that is one of my favorite IO stamps...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Stunning card. Looks like you used LOTS of products and tools on this one. I am happy to see the airbrushing around the edge too. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. Love your coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and great story. I am so glad your husband finally made the cut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is jaw dropping gorgeous, Jenny!!!

    I hope you have an amazing weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stocking story LOL! The details on this card are so Jenny...outstanding! Love the airbrushing and the black outline too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely Christmas beautiful! Lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic copic coloring! Wow, I need to practice with that air brush. I knew your wicked stepmother did stockings, but I did not realize she actually made them too? Wow, go Barbie!
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and great story! Way to go, Barb! Love that A had to 'pass the test'! What did he have to do to get his icky sicky sweet dessert every year?!

    ReplyDelete