Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Marvelous Nature

I have spent my Saturday night coloring and making cards. The husband wanted to go out to dinner and I sent him to pick up sandwiches instead. I was in the mood to just be in the craft room! I'm loving all the new stamps that have been released with images designed to be paired up with Spellbinder's Nesties. This frame stamp is from Layers of Color - Garden Wall Frame. I paired it up with the inside sentiment from Flourishes Life Lines set. I colored the image with my Copics, using Warm Greys to color the wall. I also used Tim Holtz's brick wall CB folder in the background. I used Spellbinder's Labels 14, to cut out the image. The yellow layer around it was hand cut. I used Ranger's White Enamel to add some detail dots on the yellow layer. I used a Martha border punch on the top and bottom, since it was pretty delicate after I punched it, and I have the panel popped up... I used a paintbrush and brushed on a coat of Glossy Accents to give it some shine and make it more sturdy. Finished card size is an A2.

  • Stamps: Layers of Color - Garden Wall Frame Cling Stamp, Flourishes Life Lines
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Grey, Yellow
  • Other: 1/16" Black Rainbow Tape, Tim Holtz Brick CB Folder, Copics, Ranger's White Enamel, Glossy Accents, Glitter Glue, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Spellbinder's Labels 14

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Jenny. I love that stamp too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card! Picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Jenny, love the image, fabulous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image panel and I really like the brick embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning. Love the pairing of the brick walls. Glad you went with grey instead of brick red. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful!! Your coloring and design just makes the sentiment and frame pop!! Nice choice of embossing folder, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jenny this is gorgeous! I love the frame you used too and the pretty yellow flowers are so "happy"! Love the brick effect too! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel sorry for your husband but happy that your night of coloring produced such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Jenny, this is a gorgeous card! I love your soft and sunny color combination with that stamp and sentiment! Wonderful! Thank you for sharing your lovely and inspiring work with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jenny - this is gorgeous! I love the colours you have used, I don't use yellow very much but you have made me want to use it - this is wonderful! I love the Tim Holtz embossing folder - it will have to go on the WISH LIST! LOL! Thank you for sharing Jenny - this card would brighten any day! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda LOC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bricks ... both the embossed & the inked bricks ... perfect for the lovely floral image. What a beautiful card!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE IT! The gray and yellow are gorgeous together. qkk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW!!!! This is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Jenny this is GORGEOUS!!! I love how you have used Layers of Colors here and the trellis along the top and bottom is just perfect. So good to see yellow used. It's a color that is neglected so much! Have a blessed weekend!
    Melisa

    ReplyDelete